Flee the freeze during the Winter Reading Break and enjoy a little R n’ R this February. Get away from the city in an amazing group adventure with MacEwan and NAIT students.
Where: Be Live Experience Turquesa Varadero
When: February 18 – 25, 2019
Package includes: Flights, Accommodations, Food, Resort Activities & Medical Insurance
We’re full! We are no longer taking any additional passengers to Cuba!
Package Add Ons: Havana City Tour
Join an amazing guided tour through the streets of Havana and enjoy all the delights that Cuba has to offer. The tour departs to Havana, passing by the Morro Fortress followed by a walking and sightseeing tour of Old Havana including Cathedral Square, Arms Square, Old Square and Saint Francis de Asis Square.
There will be available time for shopping with a lunch to follow at a local restaurant. After lunch, take a panoramic tour of Modern Havana to Revolution Square, the famous “Malecon” seawall promenade, Christopher Columbus Necropolis and the Vadado Residential area. Guests will receive some leisure time at the National Capitol building before returning to Varadero.
Cost: $ 75 per person
Tour includes: Lunch, beverages, entrance fee, transportation, eight (8) hour tour with local guide
*Rates are per person in Canadian funds; all guest must be 18+.
And now for all of the fine print:
- Registration forms and payment will be available and accepted at the SAM Centre and online.
- American citizens are prohibited due to current travel restrictions.
- Passport must be valid for at least SIX months beyond the date of your expected departure from Cuba.
- Travellers with a criminal record will not be permitted on the trip.
- Guests must be 18+ to attend.
- The $750 deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- When will I get all the travel details and tickets? We’ll have a meeting to discuss all the details closer to the departure date. Registered travellers will be contacted about this meeting at a later date.
- What are accepted payment types? All online payments will be accepted via PayPal. We also accept cash, Visa, Mastercard and debit at the SAM Centre.
- Can I register and pay by phone? Unfortunately, we are not accepting registrations over the phone for this trip. It’s all about protecting your information.
- How do I list who I’m rooming with? You will be given the option to give your roommates name in the registration form.
- When are final payments due? December 6, 2018.
- When is the deadline to book? After October 26, 2018, we can’t guarantee room availability or package price. However, November 16th is the final date we are taking registrations and December 6, 2018 is the final date to pay for the trip.
- Do I need to be a full-time student to go? No, all students are welcome!
- If I register in fall, but don’t have any classes in the Winter Term, can I still go? Yes! Even if you’re graduating, your ceremony is in April. *wink wink*
- I’m currently 17, but will be 18 prior to the departure date, can I go on the trip? Yes! You will be asked for your date of birth in the registration process. If we notice that you’re not 18, we will contact you for valid government issued ID.
- I’m a dual citizen of the U.S. and another country, can I go on the trip? Unfortunately, U.S. citizens are prohibited from attending this trip.
- Are there any planned group activities? We are working to secure group activities on the resort – we will announce them closer to the date of departure.
- Are there any additional fees to consider? When booking online there is a 2.9% service charge. This fee can be avoided by paying at the SAM Centre.
- Is there an option to go on excursions without the group? Yes! Additional excursions are at your own risk and cost upon arrival at the resort.
- How will I know if I’m the winner of the free trip? Winners will be contacted no later than November 1, 2018 by phone. Everything except the Havana day trip (if purchased) will be refunded to winners.
- What kind of currency do I need to bring? Please bring Canadian dollars to exchange upon arrival to the resort.
- Will I have a point of contact at the resort? We will have a representative from SAMU travelling with the group. More information will be provided at the pre-departure meeting.
- Is there a nightly curfew? Nope!
- Is there anything I should know about Cuba before we go? All Canadian travel advisories can be found through the Government of Canada’s website.
- Do my payments cover travel insurance? We provide travellers with medical insurance. Additional insurance is provided by SAMU’s Student Benefits. If you have not opted out of student benefits, then you are covered.
- I have more questions! Who do I talk to?! Mike Cristello is the guy to chat with. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.