- This event has passed.
GOTV – T-SHIRT DESIGN CONTEST
October 28 @ 8:00 am - November 25 @ 5:00 pm
Calling all designers!
- Read “Who is Get out the Vote .”
- Get Out the Vote is a non-partisan campaign, which means we’re looking for non-partisan designs. Simply put, non-partisan means SAMU isn’t in support of or against any of the parties or politicians in Alberta. Instead, we focus on bringing student concerns to the most relevant decision-makers, regardless of which party they represent. When designing, please keep the following in mind:
● The focus of Get Out the Vote is getting students to pledge to vote, and then to cast a ballot in the provincial election. This should be a key theme in your design.
● Avoid depicting political parties or any current and former politicians, and avoid political caricatures that could be seen as biased towards or against any political group.
● While you don’t have to avoid using the colours of different political parties, do try to use it in a way that doesn’t connect your design to any specific party.
Voting is an essential part of democracy, but it can be easy to forget when things are going well. That’s why SAMU runs Get Out The Vote, or GOTV, a campaign that reminds us why our vote matters. GOTV provides students with information about government-related issues and the voting process so that we can make informed decisions. GOTV also works to motivate students to vote by showing us how our vote can make a difference.
Put simply: The more students that vote, the more the government pays attention to student-centric policies. So if you’re ever feeling apathetic about politics, remember that your vote matters. Feel free to reach out to SAMU’s VP External at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by his office on the 3rd floor of the SAMU building if you want to know more!