More than ever students are concerned about their financial circumstances, so every loonie counts. SAMU is pleased to provide you with list of special discounts available to students.
We’ll update the list as we discover more discounts and if you are aware of any additional discounts not on this list, send us an email and let us know about it.
Please note that any of these offers could expire without notice. If you run into an expired deal, please let us know.
- Denny’s (located across from MacEwan) gives 10% off your receipt with a valid student ID.
- Unidays card
- Adidas 30% off regular priced items, 15% off outlet items for university and college students with valid ID.
- Nike 10% off after verifying student status with UNiDAYS.
- Greyhound Bus save up to 45% on fares to and from select universities, and 10% discount on adult fares.
- Via Rail Discounted multi-trip passes for youth and students.
- Air Canada Discounted multi-trip pass for students.
- NYTimes 90% discount for digital access with NYTimes Academic Rate.
- Wall Street Journal US$1 for 15 weeks access with WSJ Student Digital Pack.
- SPC card saves students money on clothes, food, travel, entertainment and more. For $11 per year, you could save hundreds! SPC has an app so you don’t need to carry around a book. Memberships are valid from August 1 – July 31 each year.
- Roots 15% off at all Roots stores and roots.com with a valid SPC card.
- Old Navy 10% off your purchase in-store with an SPC card.
- New Balance 15% off regular items, 5% off clearance items with an SPC card.
- Bath & Body Works 10% off your purchase in-store.
- Mac Cosmetics 15% off online purchases.
- Student Beans – Students can sign up for a free account with their MacEwan email address. Discounts on a variety of retail categories including clothing and technology. App is available too.
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC) – a card available to purchase that gives international students access to a wide variety of discounts.
- SoftMoc 10% off footwear, handbags, and accessories. SoftMoc ISIC page
- Honey – An extension for Chrome that automatically adds discount codes available when shopping online.
- Coursera is offering free online courses for the Summer. Learn about topics such as de-mystifying mindfulness, psychological first aid, game development, and more.
- Apple and Microsoft offer various student discounts and deals
- Intuit TurboTax and GenuTax offer a free version for filing basic tax returns (not just for students)
- Amazon Prime Student – 6-month trial and then 50% off Amazon Prime membership which includes: Prime Video, Twitch Prime, free 2-day shipping and more.
- Spotify Premium Student – music streaming with 3-months free and then $4.99 per month
- Bulk barn – offers 10% off every Wednesday with a valid student ID
- RBC offers a free student account and $60 for signing up. Bonus: there is an RBC Student Centre and ATM in the SAMU building.
- MacEwan Student Portal – Various free software including anti-virus software and Read & Write Gold. (my portal –> menu –> support –> tech support –> software)
- Edmonton Public Library – Free access to movie streaming and many more online resources
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Students and teachers can save over 60% on monthly subscription
- Microsoft Office 365 – Free for students
- Reebok – 30% off full-price merchandise and 15% off sale items online.