Job Category | Part-time, Contract (up to 15 hours/week. August 6, 2019 – April 30, 2020)
Department | Alberta College Campus (ACC)
Wage | $16.50/hour
Location of Work | Alberta College Campus (ACC) – 10050 MacDonald Drive NW
Posting expires May 31, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is seeking an ACC Office Assistant who will report to the ACC Manager. This position assists the Manager with the daily operations and programs of the SAMU office located at the Alberta College Campus, including assisting in: planning, executing and monitoring of all program initiatives, events and campaigns.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Assist in planning and executing multiple events such as Fall Fest, Winterfest, StressLess, SUSTAINaMANIA, Halloween Week, Valentine’s Day and Global Awareness Week
- Assist with facilitating Breakfast Club responsibilities
- Assist with facilitating Food Bank responsibilities, while collaborating with the City Centre Campus team
- Assist with administrative duties to ensure optimum ACC office coverage, including distributing UPASS
- Collaborate and liaise with other student assistants and clubs
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with the volunteers, internal partners and external partners within the community
- Assist with creating resources for feedback and data collection programs and services offered.
- Perform related administrative tasks, including submitting reports as required
- Assist in creating promotional and communication strategies
- Other duties as allocated by the ACC Manager
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a MacEwan student (CCC or ACC), registered in a minimum of one class. Tuesday and Thursday availability during the Fall 2019 semester is preferred. MUST submit Fall 2019 class schedule to be considered for an interview.
- General knowledge of SAMU programs and services is considered an asset
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Possess strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and team-building skills
Terms of Employment
Maximum 15 hours/week, between 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m, Monday – Friday. Will work around student schedule. Some evening work may be required. Employment will begin August 6, 2019 and will continue until April 30, 2020.
Please address all applications to Tosheena Thompson, ACC Manager. Cover letter, resume and Fall 2019 Class Schedule is required in order to be considered for an interview. Tuesday and Thursday availability is preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.