Job Category | Part-Time
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires on March 30, 2018 at 4 p.m.
The Chief Returning Officer is responsible for ensuring the operation of open, fair, and impartial elections and referendums in accordance with SAMU bylaws and policy. Students’ Council elections occur during the Fall term, while Executive Committee elections occur during the Winter term. Referendums and by-elections occur as needed.
Election and Referenda management
- Supervising and delegating all aspects of SAMU elections and referenda.
- Supervise ballot count when required.
- Submit a report subsequent to each election/referendum, reporting the processes used and giving suggestions for future improvements.
- Receive complaints, interpret bylaws, policies, and procedures of SAMU pertinent to the operations of elections, and make judgements binding on SAMU for the implementation of elections.
- Provide unbiased information, guidance, and supervision regarding the conduct of all Election, By-election, Referendum, and Plebiscite related functions.
- Non-member of SAMU.
- Non-staff of SAMU.
- Possess strong organization skills.
- Have excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Have sound judgment, patience, tact, discretion, and attention to detail.
- Work well without direct supervision.
- Highly motivated and responsible.
- Previous elections experience an asset.
Term of Appointment:
Term: May 2018 – April 2019
Hours: as needed
Reports to: Students’ Council
Students’ Association of MacEwan University
7-292, 10700- 104 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J4S2
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only short listed applicants will be contacted.