Job Category | Part-time, Contract (up to 15 hours/week. August 15, 2017 – April 27, 2018)
Wage | $15.50/hr
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires May 1
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is seeking a Community Assistant who will report to the SAMU Programs Manager. This position supports the operation and facilitation of the Community program at SAMU (CCC) by assisting in planning, executing and monitoring all program initiatives, events and campaigns.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Execute events such as, Bowl-o-Rama for Adopt-A-Family, a SAMU booth for Global Awareness Week and SUSTAINaMANIA
- Research, identify and implement community awareness and/or outreach campaigns and goals relevant to the MacEwan student community
- Collaborate and liaise with other SAMU programs, services and events, as well as SAMU clubs
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with the volunteers, and the internal and external partners within the community
- Assist with gathering statistics and feedback for data collection of the program
- Perform related administrative tasks, including submitting reports as required
- Assist with promotional and communication strategies
- Other duties as allocated by the SAMU Programs Manager
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a MacEwan student, registered in a minimum of one class in both the fall and winter semesters
- General knowledge of SAMU programs and services is considered an asset
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel and Google Drive
- Student driver is preferred as there will be some occasional travel required
- Possess strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and team-building skills
Terms of Employment
Maximum 15 hours/week, preferably between 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m. Will work around student schedule. Some weekend and evening work may be required. Employment will begin August 15, 2017 and will continue until April 27, 2018.
Please address all applications to Metta Pusa, Programs Manager. Email cover letter, resume and school schedule (if available) to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the cover letter and subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.