Job Category | Part-time, Contract (up to 30 hours/week August 4-31, 2020. 20 hours/week September 1, 2020-April 30, 2021)
Department | Programs
Wage | $16.50/hour
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting open until April 17, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is seeking a Community Assistant who will report to the SAMU Programs Manager. This research-focused position supports the operation and facilitation of programming at SAMU that falls under the community stream, by coordinating the planning, executing and monitoring all program campaigns and initiatives, as well as operations of the Student Refugee Program.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Implement various campaigns and initiatives that are relevant to the local MacEwan, downtown, and the greater Edmonton community
- Assist with the development, planning and operations of the new Sustainability Program
- Research, identify and implement new initiatives to engage students through various programming, including but not limited to resource fairs, workshops, and blog posts
- Collaborate and liaise with other SAMU programs, services, and events, as well as SAMU student groups
- Oversee the Student Refugee Program (SRP) by leading the Local Committee Group (LCG), and ensuring all aspects of the program are running smoothly, by planning and organizing all meetings for the LCG and making sure all LCG participants are completing their task lists, as well as regularly checking in with the sponsored student and ensuring their needs are met
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external partners within the community
- Assist with promotional and communication strategies
- Assist with gathering statistics and feedback for data collection of SAMU programs
- Perform related administrative tasks, including submitting reports as required
- Other duties as allocated by the SAMU Programs Manager
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a current MacEwan student, registered in a minimum of one class
- General knowledge of SAMU programs and services is considered an asset
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and team-building skills
- Previous experience leading a team or volunteers
- Able to independently research and propose creative and original programming
- Available for SAMU Part-time Staff training the first week of employment
- Available to attend WUSC Leadership training for the Student Refugee Program mid-August in Ottawa
Terms of Employment
Maximum 20 hours/week (30 hours/week for August 2020), preferably between 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m. Will work around school schedule. Some evening work may be required. Employment will begin August 4, 2020, and will continue until April 30, 2021.
Please address all applications to Metta Pusa, Programs Manager. Cover letter and resume needed to be considered for an interview, please include school schedule if available.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.