Job Category | Part-time, Contract (up to 15 hours/week. August 15, 2016 – April 28, 2017)
Wage | $15.50/hr
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires May 1
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is seeking an Events Assistant who will report to the Events Planner. This position primarily assists with leading the promotional team. In conjunction with event promotion, this position assists with event related tasks leading up to SAMU events, during, and after. Events include: Fall Fest, Speaker Series, WinterFest, forums, Awards Night, Ciao Night, etc.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Research and identify promotional ideas and marketing initiatives to implement with the promotional team
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, training and retention of volunteers
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with the volunteers, internal and external partners within the community
- Assist with creating resources for feedback and data collection of events and promotional team’s efficacy.
- Perform related administrative tasks, including submitting reports as required
- Assist with day of event execution, under the direct supervision and direction of the Events Planner
- Other duties as allocated by the Events Planner
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a MacEwan student registered in a minimum of one class in both the fall and winter semesters
- General knowledge of SAMU programs and services is considered an asset
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel and Google Drive
- Knowledge of similar student programs and services considered an asset
- Student driver is preferred as there will be some occasional travel required
- Possess strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and team-building skills
Terms of Employment
15 hours/week, preferably between 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m. Will work around student schedule. Some evening and weekend work may be required. Employment will begin August 15, 2016 and will continue until April 28, 2017.
Please address all applications to Maura Frunza, Events Planner. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.