Job Category | Part-time, Contract (up to 30 hours/week. August 4, 2020- August 31, 2020) (up to 20 hours/week, Sept 1, 2020 – April 30, 2021)
Department | Events
Wage | $16.50/hr
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)10850 104 ave
Posting open until April 17, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
The Student’s Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is seeking an Events Assistant who will report to the Event Producer. The focus for the Events Assistant position is two-fold. First is to support the Events Team by assisting in the research and planning of various events components including vendors, artists, swag, potential partners etc. Second is to support the Events Team with the execution of SAMU events including day of logistics, technical requirements, and volunteer coordination.
Summary of Responsibilities
Events & operations (45%)
- Assist Events in the planning and execution of events on campus, including prep, set-up and take down of the event.
- Assist with selecting, training, and supervising of event specific volunteers
- Spearhead 1 new programming initiative as mutually agreed within events team.
Research & logistics (45%)
- Research and identify potential vendors, local artists, and partners.
- Assist with creation of resources that help the events team to acquire and document information found through research initiatives.
- Research and brainstorm ideas and trends as needed
- Assist with creating event checklists and live event resources for up to three select student groups per year, as mutually agreeable.
- Collaborate with members of other departments within SAMU to support other events based/promotional initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a current MacEwan Student, registered in a minimum of one class
- General Knowledge of SAMU programs and services is considered an asset
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Possess strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and team-building skills
- Knowledge of live music events, or technical background considered an asset
The following certification(s) will be considered an asset:
- Drivers License (and access to a vehicle)
- Light effort
- Standing- walking
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
Terms of Employment
Maximum 20 hours/week during school year, between 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m, Monday – Friday. Will work around student schedule. Some evening work may be required. Employment will begin August 4, 2020 and will continue until April 30, 2021.
Please address all applications to Courtney Milford, Event Producer. Cover letter and resume needed in order to be considered for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.