Finance Assistant (CCC)
Job Category | Part-Time – Contract (Approximately 15 hrs/week or as needed, August 1, 2017 – August 31, 2018)
Wage | $15.50/hr
Location of Work | City Centre Campus
Posting will remain open until filled
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is seeking a Finance Assistant who will report to the Director of Finance, the Clubs Manager and Bookkeeper. The Finance Assistant will provide administrative services and support to the Finance Department, Clubs Manager and Student Clubs.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Prepare bank reconciliations for the SAMU Club bank account
- Review Club requisition forms including preparing and printing cheques from the Club bank account
- Record journal entries into Sage 50
- Submit weekly Club reports (Club balances, Club grants, Student led grants) to the Club Manager
- Assist with administrative duties such as filing and photocopying
- Perform ad hoc duties
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a MacEwan student, registered in a minimum of one class in both the fall and winter semesters (preferably those pursing an Accounting diploma or degree)
- Completion of a course on Sage 50 (Accounting Software Application course or equivalent) or working knowledge of Sage 50 is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal and team-building skills
- General knowledge of student clubs on campus is an asset
- Administrative and accounting experience is an asset
Terms of Employment
Approximately 15 hrs/week or as needed, between 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m. Will work around the student’s schedule.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and a current copy of your transcript to:
Joanne Ng, Director of Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.