Job Category | Part-Time (up to 20 hours/week)
Department | Services
Wage | $16.50/hr
Employment Terms: Contract position beginning August 6, 2019 to April 30, 2020
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires on Friday, April 12, 2019
Who We Are
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is a non-profit organization working independently from MacEwan University to support students. Our purpose is to enrich the student experience by focusing on their non-academic needs through an array of student-driven programs and services.
We are governed by elected student representatives who set the strategic vision on behalf of students. With support from over 50 full- and part-time staff, we keep our mandate student-focused to achieve the vision. SAMU is proud to be an organization serving students, inspired by students.
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is seeking a Food Bank Assistant who will report to the Services Manager. The successful candidate will assist in the daily operations and facilitation of SAMU’s Food Services (Food Bank and Breakfast Club). This position will provide strong support to students utilizing the service by assisting in the planning, executing and monitoring of the service’s initiatives. This position will work with all campuses and SAMU/MacEwan staff and faculty to facilitate the success of the service.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Assist in developing the program, through events, process and volunteer management
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with the volunteers, donors, members of the community, general public and other organizations
- Maintain functionality of Food Bank storage facility according to Alberta Health and Safety specifications and requirements
- Assist in the recruitment, selection and training of Food Bank and Breakfast Club volunteers
- Assist with creating resources for feedback and data collection
- Perform related administrative tasks, including: submitting reports as required, bi-monthly inventory, scheduling volunteers
- Devote a minimum of 3-4 hours weekly in the Food Bank or running a Breakfast Club
- Support and facilitate marketing and communication strategies
- Other duties as assigned by Services Manager
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a current MacEwan student, registered in a minimum of one class
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Knowledge of similar student programs and services considered an asset
- Possess strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and team-building skills
Terms of Employment
- Maximum 20 hours per week, between 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
- Will work around student schedule.
- Some evening work may be required.
- Employment will begin August 6, 2019 and will continue until April 30, 2020.
Please address all applications to Maura Frunza, Services Manager, including a cover letter, resume, and school schedule (if available).
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.