Job Category | Part-time
Contract | (up to 30 hrs/week July 6, 2020 -August 29, 2020, and a reduction in hours during school of up to 20 hours/week September 1, 2020- April 30, 2021)
Wage | $16.50/hour
Location of Work | City Centre Campus
Posting open until April 17, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is seeking a Food Support Assistant who will report to the City Centre Campus Student Services Manager. The successful candidate will assist in the daily operations and facilitation of SAMU’s Food Support Service (The Pantry and Breakfast Club). This position will provide strong support to students utilizing the service by assisting in the planning, executing and monitoring of the service’s initiatives. This position will work with SAMU/MacEwan staff and faculty to facilitate the success of the service.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Maintain daily operations of The Pantry, according to Alberta Health and Safety specifications and requirements
- Assist with recruitment, selection, training, and managing of The Pantry and Breakfast Club volunteers
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with the volunteers, donors, members of the community, general public, and other organizations
- Assist with creating resources for feedback and data collection
- Perform related administrative tasks, including submitting reports as required, bi-monthly inventory, scheduling volunteers
- Devote a minimum of 3-4 hours weekly in The Pantry and supporting Breakfast Club
- Support and facilitate marketing and communication strategies
- Other duties as assigned by Student Services Manager
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a MacEwan student registered in a minimum of one class in both the fall and winter semesters
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Knowledge of similar student programs and services considered an asset
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and team-building skills
Terms of Employment
Employment will begin July 6, 2020* and will continue until April 30, 2021.
July 6, 2020 until August 29, 2020: up to 30 hours/week preferably between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m
During school term: up to 20 hours/week, preferably between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Will work around student’s schedule. Some weekend and evening work may be required.
*July start date subject to change
Please address all applications to Maura Frunza, Student Services Manager. Cover letter and resume needed in order to be considered for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.