Job Category | Part-time, Contract (up to 15 hours/week)
Wage | $15.50/hr
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires May 1
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is seeking a Food Bank Assistant who will report to the City Centre Campus Student Services Manager. The successful candidate will assist in the daily operations and facilitation of SAMU’s Food Services (Food Bank and Breakfast Club). This position will provide strong support to students utilizing the service by assisting in the planning, executing and monitoring of the service’s initiatives. This position will work with all campuses and SAMU/MacEwan staff and faculty to facilitate the success of the service.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Assist in developing the program, through events, process and volunteer management
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with the volunteers, donors, members of the community, general public and other organizations
- Maintain functionality of Food Bank storage facility according to Alberta Health and Safety specifications and requirements
- Assist in the recruitment, selection and training of Food Bank and Breakfast Club volunteers
- Assist with creating resources for feedback and data collection
- Perform related administrative tasks, including: submitting reports as required, bi-monthly inventory, scheduling volunteers
- Devote a minimum of 3-4 hours weekly in the Food Bank or running a Breakfast Club
- Support and facilitate marketing and communication strategies
- Other duties as assigned by Student Services Manager
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a MacEwan student registered in a minimum of one class in both the fall and winter semesters
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Knowledge of similar student programs and services considered an asset
- Possess strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and team-building skills
Terms of Employment
Up to 15 hours/week, preferably between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Will work around student schedule. Some weekend and evening work may be required. Employment will begin August 15, 2017 and will continue until April 27, 2018.
Please address all applications to Jaime Beagan, Services Manager. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted for a position starting in August.