Job Category | Part-time, Contract (15 hours/week, August 2018 – April 30, 2019)
Wage | $16/hour
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires June 1, 2018 at 4 p.m.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, skilled student to proofread, copy edit and fact check stories for the griff magazine over the 2018-19 fall and winter terms. After establishing our voice as a monthly magazine, we’re looking to assemble a team that can help take this magazine to the next level – not only in terms of student publications, but also in Canadian journalism.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Creating graphics and illustrations for stories
- Laying out stories for print
- Working with a team of seven other editors and a large number of volunteers
- Attending weekly meetings
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Strong design skills in print and web
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
- Strong understanding of journalism ethics and the field as a whole
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Desire to work on stories about various topics, focused on MacEwan or student interest
- Educational background in graphic design or equivalent experience
- Skills in photography would be an asset
- Published work would be an asset
- Must be a current MacEwan University student
Terms of Employment
Maximum 15 hours/week. Will work around student schedule. Training will start in August, including two or more 35-hour weeks.
Please email application to Megan Lockhart, Managing Editor of the griff, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter, resumé, and three to five graphics or designs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.