We are looking for an enthusiastic, skilled student to create graphics and images for the griff magazine over the 2019-20 fall and winter terms, as well as complete the magazine layout. After establishing our voice as a monthly magazine, we’re looking to assemble a team that can help take this magazine to the next level – not only in terms of student publications, but also in Canadian journalism.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Creating graphics and illustrations for stories
- Laying out stories for print
- Working with a team of seven other editors and a large number of volunteers
- Attending weekly meetings
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Strong design skills in print and web
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
- Strong understanding of journalism ethics and the field as a whole
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Desire to work on stories about various topics, focused on MacEwan or student interest
- Educational background in graphic design or equivalent experience
- Skills in photography would be an asset
- Published work would be an asset
- Must be a current MacEwan University student
Terms of Employment
- Maximum 15 hours per week. Will work around student schedule. Training will start in August, including two or more 35-hour weeks.
- Please attach or link to three to five graphics or designs in your application. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.