Job Category | Part-time, Contract (up to 20 hours/week. July 6, 2020 – April 30, 2021)
Department | Marketing and Communications
Wage | $16.50/hour
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting open until April 17, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is seeking a Marketing Assistant who will report to the Marketing and Communications Manager. This position primarily assists with leading the promotional team. In conjunction with promotion, this position assists with social media responsibilities including assisting the Marketing Coordinator with providing day of coverage at SAMU events including, but not limited to: Fall Fest, Winter Welcome Week, Breakfast Club and StressLess.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Research and identify promotional ideas and marketing initiatives to implement with the promotional team.
- Assist with creating resources for feedback and data collection of social media metrics and promotional team’s efficacy.
- Perform related administrative tasks, including submitting reports as required.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, training and retention of volunteers.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with the volunteers, internal and external partners within the community.
- Assist with day of social media coverage under direction and supervision of Marketing Coordinator and Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Assist Marketing team with conducting market research including focus groups, surveys and data analysis.
- Other duties as allocated by the Marketing and Communications team.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a current MacEwan student, registered in a minimum of one class
- General knowledge of SAMU programs and services is considered an asset
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel and Google Drive
- Prior knowledge of social media platforms and software considered an asset
- Knowledge of similar student programs and services considered an asset
- Possess strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and team-building skills
Terms of Employment
Maximum 20 hours/week, preferably between 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m. Will work around student schedule. Some evening work may be required.
Please address all applications to Marlena Lesmister, Marketing and Communications Manager. Please submit cover letter, resume and school schedule (if available) through our online platform. Cover letter and resume must be submitted to be considered for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.