Job Category | Part-Time
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires on January 2, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is a student-centered organization governed by students, for students! In short, that means every MacEwan student is considered part of the Students’ Association.
The Association is its own organization; acting within MacEwan, while maintaining independence from the University. It is an organization serving students, inspired by students.
SAMU exists to enrich the student experience. As the collective student voice and champion for leadership and advocacy, we empower students through our programs and services, creating an engaging environment that maximizes opportunities.
The Marketing Coordinator is a new role at the Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) working alongside the fast-paced Marketing and Communications department. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the role provides administrative support to the team and will assist with copywriting, social media and printing marketing materials. The role is very diverse where no two days are the same and will provide an amazing opportunity for an eager individual looking to grow their portfolio and gain valuable experience.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Coordinating print for marketing materials for internal and external projects
- Hang promotional banners for the Marketing department throughout campus
- Upload and archive projects from clients in Basecamp
- Assist in the development of written content for marketing communications such as newsletters, blogs and other promotional items for clients
- Assist in content creation for select SAMU social media platforms
- Actively participate in marketing research planning and activation
- Be proactive in checking the website regularly for functionality and content accuracy
- Manage SAMU’s Eventbrite account
- Take photos for SAMU’s stock photo database
- Print and trim banners from large format plotter printer
- Take inventory of paper and ink supply for the plotter
- Layout and order business cards
- Update operational forms
Required skills and Qualifications
- Degree or diploma in Journalism preferred
- Formal education in Communications, Marketing or a related field will be considered
- One year of experience required
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of CP Style and content management systems such as WordPress
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of print and design fundamentals with experience in layout design
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to manage numerous projects with tight timelines
- Photography skills is an asset
- Knowledge of SAMU is an asset
Terms of Employment
Up to 30 hours a week between 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
Please include “Marketing Coordinator” in the email subject line and address your cover letter and resume to:
Iwinet Stewart, Director of Marketing and Communications at email@example.com
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted