Job Category | Part-time, Contract (20 hours/week – from August 3, 2021 to April 29, 2022)
Department | Services
Wage | $17.00/hour
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires at 4 p.m, on April 23, 2021
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is seeking a Peer Support Assistant who will report to the Services Manager. This position assists in the daily operations and facilitation of the Peer Support service. This position will provide strong support to students utilizing the service as well as the volunteers by assisting in the planning, executing and monitoring of the program.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Maintain daily operation of the Peer Support Service.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection and training of volunteers.
- Collaborate with all related staff to plan and execute Peer Support Fall/Winter training and program consistency
- Mandatory attendance at both the Fall and Winter Retreats (Fall Retreat booked for August 30, 2021 to September 1 AND September 10, 2021 to September 12, 2021)
- Provide peer leadership and mentorship to all Peer Support volunteers.
- Assist with creating resources for feedback and data collection
- Track necessary inventory in the Support Hub (SA-223).
- Perform related administrative tasks, including submitting reports as required, tracking volunteer hours, and logging incident and accident reports.
- Devote a minimum of four hours weekly in the Peer Support room assisting fellow students and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by Services Manager
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a MacEwan student registered in a minimum of one class in both the fall and winter semesters
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Knowledge of similar student programs and services considered an asset
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and team-building skills
- Current Peer Support volunteer considered an asset
Terms of Employment
- 20 hours/week, preferably between 8:30 a.m.– 5 p.m.
- Will work around student schedule.
- Some weekend and evening work may be required depending on position.
- Employment will begin August 3, 2021 and will continue until April 29, 2022.
Please address all applications to Annette Kelm, Student Services Manager. Cover letter and resume needed in order to be considered for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.