Job Category | Part-time, Contract (15 hours/week, August 2018 – April 30, 2019)
Wage | $16/hour
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires June 1, 2018 at 4 p.m.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, skilled student to proofread, copy edit and fact check stories for the griff magazine over the 2018-19 fall and winter terms. After establishing our voice as a monthly magazine, we’re looking to assemble a team that can help take this magazine to the next level – not only in terms of student publications, but also in Canadian journalism.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Taking and editing photos for stories and laying out stories for print
- Mentoring the griff volunteers
- Working with a team of seven other editors and a large number of volunteers
- Attending weekly meetings
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Strong photo and design skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Strong understanding of journalism ethics and the field as a whole
- Desire to work on stories about various topics, focused on MacEwan or student interest
- Educational background in photo and graphic design or equivalent experience
- Published work would be an asset
- Must be a current MacEwan University student
Terms of Employment
Maximum 15 hours/week. Will work around student schedule. Training will start in August, including two or more 35-hour weeks.
Please email application to Megan Lockhart, Managing Editor of the griff, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter, resumé, and three to five photos and design pieces (with more emphasis on photos).
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.