We are looking for an enthusiastic, skilled student to take and edit photos, as well as complete layout for the griff magazine over the 2019-20 fall and winter terms. After establishing our voice as a monthly magazine, we’re looking to assemble a team that can help take this magazine to the next level – not only in terms of student publications, but also in Canadian journalism.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Taking and editing photos for stories and laying out stories for print
- Mentoring the griff volunteers
- Working with a team of seven other editors and a large number of volunteers
- Attending weekly meetings
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Strong photo and design skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Strong understanding of journalism ethics and the field as a whole
- Desire to work on stories about various topics, focused on MacEwan or student interest
- Educational background in photo and graphic design or equivalent experience
- Published work would be an asset
- Must be a current MacEwan University student
Terms of Employment
- Maximum 15 hours per week. Will work around student schedules. Training will start in August, including two or more 35-hour weeks.
- Please attach three to five photos in your application. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.