Job Category | Full-Time
Salary | $45,000 – $60,000 per annum
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires on Monday, January 18, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. (MST)
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is a student-centered organization governed by students, for students. In short, that means every MacEwan student is a member of the Students’ Association.
The Association is its own organization; acting within MacEwan, while maintaining independence from the University. It is an organization serving students, inspired by students. SAMU exists to enrich the student experience. As the collective student voice and champion for leadership and advocacy, we empower students through our programs and services, creating an engaging environment that maximizes opportunities.
The Programs Manager oversees the development and management of SAMU Programs, which include; the Student Refugee Program (SRP), SAMU Cares, Sustainability, StressLess, Artworks, Wellness Bags, as well as other programming and projects falling under the Wellbeing and Community streams. The Programs Manager also supervises two staff members, the Wellbeing Assistant and the Community Assistant and directly reports to the Director of Programs and Services.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensure all plans for SAMU Programs are relevant, innovative, and creative, while adhering to SAMU’s Strategic Plan and staying within budget
- Oversee the management, planning and implementation of all SAMU Programs
- Create strategy for new programming
- Maintain and curate SAMU’s art collection and manage the on-campus art gallery, Gray Gallery
- Contribute to fundraising development through Programs initiatives
- When relevant, partnering SAMU Programs with MacEwan departments or initiatives
- Support the management of the SRP Local Committee Group, and ensure the program’s operations are aligned with the SRP Guidelines
- Oversee the SAMU Cares applications and ensure the Program is running according to the outlined Process
- Conduct interviews, hire, train and supervise all Programs staff
- Establish the calendar and dates for all Programs each year
- Develop a proposal for the annual Programs budget
- Contribute to the development of strategies and procedures
- Compile all Programs metrics throughout the year
- Attend various departmental, staff and committee meetings
- Collaborate with other SAMU departments
- Research professional development opportunities and maintain up-to-date knowledge
- Other duties/ projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- A diploma in a relevant area or equivalent education required
- Minimum of 3 years management or supervisory experience required
- Event-planning and fundraising experience is required
- Previous experience working in a post-secondary setting is considered an asset
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform intermediate tasks using Microsoft Office Suite
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to organize time and priorities with limited supervision
- Ability to work independently, and work cooperatively with the team
- Work flexible hours (potential evenings and weekends)
Other Position Assets
- First Aid/CPR – Level C
- Valid Drivers’ License
Terms of Employment
This full-time position features full health and dental benefits commencing after the probation period is complete. Some weekend and evening work may be required, however, standard work hours are Monday-Friday and 35 hours/week.
Please address your application to Jaime Beagan, Director of Programs and Services. Please attach both your resume and cover letter in the application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.