Job Category | Full-Time
Salary | $55,000 – $75,000 per annum
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires on February 18 at 11:59 p.m.
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is a student-centered organization governed by students, for students! In short, that means every MacEwan student is considered part of the Students’ Association.
The Association is its own organization; acting within MacEwan, while maintaining independence from the University. It is an organization serving students, inspired by students.SAMU exists to enrich the student experience.
As the collective student voice and champion for leadership and advocacy, we empower students through our programs and services, creating an engaging environment that maximizes opportunities.
The Director of Programs & Services leads, develops, plans, delivery and evaluates programs, services, events and clubs. Working with staff and student executives, the position ensures all activities are innovative, relevant and based on student feedback. The Director has six direct reports. This position is part of the leadership team, made up of the General Manager and Directors, that sets the operational direction of SAMU. The position operates in accordance to the vision, mission and values of SAMU.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Leads the annual planning process with department staff that results in the highest calibre of programming for students
- Leads recruiting process for filling department vacancies
- Leads the annual performance development process with department staff that supports the setting and achieving of goals, and demonstrating proficiency with key competencies
- Participates in evaluating current policies/procedures and provides advice on the development of new policies/procedures
- Participates and contributes expertise to the leadership team
- Engages all staff and stakeholders in the development and implementation of programs, services, events and clubs activities
- Conducts risk assessments on all student-focused activities including necessary permits, licenses and control mechanisms
- Identifies and reports on metrics that reflect the effectiveness of each program, service, event and clubs activity
- Develops and manages the department budget
- Identifies benchmarking data that applies to raising the bar on student-focused activities
- Contributes and/or leads organizational-wide administrative initiatives
Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- College or university degree in a relevant area or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years of progressive supervisory experience; program management and evaluation
- 5+ years’ experience of conduct risk assessments on student-focused activities
- Significant experience leading and developing staff
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Significant experience supporting student-focused activities in a post-secondary environment
- Event and volunteer management experience
- Experience with budget development and management
- Strong computer skills, knowledge and ability to use various programs include MS Office Suite
- Experience and enthusiasm working with a diverse range of staff, colleagues and students
- Ability to inspire outstanding teamwork
- Drivers Licence and access to a vehicle
- Project management experience
- First Aid/CPR – Level C (requirement of the position and will provide training if necessary)
Terms of Employment
This full-time position features full health and dental benefits and a great work environment. Some weekend and evening work may be required however work hours are between 8:30 a.m.– 5:00 p.m. 37.5 hours/week.
Please address your application to Gwen Bauer, General Manager. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.