Job Category | Part-time, Contract (up to 15 hours/week. August 15, 2017 – April 27, 2018)
Wage | $15.50/hr
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires May 1
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is seeking a Safe Walk Assistant who will report to the CCC Student Services Manager. This position assists with the daily operations and facilitation of the Safe Walk service, including: planning, executing and monitoring of Safe Walk initiatives.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Assist with developing the program through events, process and volunteer management
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with the volunteers, internal and external partners, including Campus Security.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection and training of Safe Walk Volunteers
- Support and facilitate marketing and communication strategies for Safe Walk
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are followed with care by the entire Safe Walk team
- Perform related administrative tasks, including: submitting reports as required, tracking of volunteer hours, maintaining inventory checks of equipment, and logging incident and accident reports
- Assist with planning advocacy campaigns and training opportunities for students and volunteers
- Running monthly volunteer meetings
- Devote a minimum of 3-4 hours weekly to Safe Walk shifts (Two shift taking place between the hours of 5:30pm-9:30pm)
- Other duties as assigned by Student Services Manager
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a MacEwan student registered in a minimum of one class in both the fall and winter semesters
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Certified in First Aid and CPR considered an asset
- Knowledge of similar student programs and services considered an asset
- Possess strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and team-building skills
Terms of Employment
Up to 15 hours/week, preferably between 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m for office work and between 5:30pm-9:30pm for Safe Walk shifts. Will work around student schedule. Some weekend and evening work may be required. Employment will begin August 15, 2017 and will continue until April 27, 2018.
Please address all applications to Jaime Beagan, Services Manager. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Successful applicants will be contacted for interviews in the summer months for a position starting in August.