Job Category | Full-Time 30 hours/week (2-year Term)
Salary | $35,000 – $42,500 per annum
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires May 31st, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is a non-profit organization working independently from MacEwan University to support students. Our purpose is to enrich the student experience by focusing on their non-academic needs through an array of student-driven programs and services.
We are governed by elected student representatives who set the strategic vision on behalf of students. With support from over 50 full- and part-time staff, we keep our mandate student-focused to achieve the vision.
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University will be a strong advocate, exceptional resource, and a clear voice for the MacEwan University student. We will have one aim – to create a one-of-a-kind university experience by recognizing the student as our greatest asset and inspiration.
This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Student Groups Manager. This position will be responsible for assisting Student Groups in the coordination and execution of events. This position will also assist with the day-to-day operations of the Student Groups program, as well as assist with forms, scheduling, front desk coverage and administrative tasks.
Summary of Responsibilities
Event Coordination (45%):
- Assisting Student Groups in the planning and execution of activities off and on campus.
- Ensuring that student group activities adhere to policy and procedures as established by SAMU and the University.
- Collaborating with the MacEwan University staff and Faculty to ensure smooth event execution.
- Helping with orientation and training of new Student Groups.
- Assisting Student Groups in preparing grant submissions, sponsorship agreements and insurance applications.
- Ensuring that Student Groups $2000 Event Grant forms are sent to the GASC Committee for review in a timely fashion.
- Reviewing contracts signed by Student Groups with relation to events and sponsorships.
- Working with the Student Groups Manager to maintain and upkeep a current list of Student Group executives.
- Coordinating student group renewal and student group ratification processes.
- Assisting the Student Groups Manager in the preparation of the Student Groups Handbook and any other marketing materials.
- Prepare student group surveys and collect data.
- Preparing Student Groups department reports for the Student Groups Manager as directed.
- Assisting with admin tasks, such as helping admin volunteers in the Student Groups space and with room bookings.
- Help maintain the department’s section of SharePoint.
- Conducting research to improve Student Groups operations.
- Assisting with Student Group training and orientation of new Student Groups.
- Other tasks as required.
Education and Experience
- A diploma in a relevant area or equivalent education and experience such as Business, Office Admin Management.
- At least 2 years experience in an office setting and with administrative tasks.
- Experience in volunteer management and working in a post-secondary environment is considered an asset.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills and knowledge and ability to use various programs including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with both MAC and PC systems.
- Ability to organize time and priorities with limited supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively with team.
- Work flexible hours (evenings/weekends).
- Drivers license and access to vehicle.
Other Position Assets
- First Aid
Light Effort, with ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Terms of Employment
This full-time position features full health and dental benefits and a great work environment. Occasional weekend and evening work may be required however work hours are 30 hours/week.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, SAMU uses (maintains) a hybrid working model that blends work from home and in- office operations based on specific job requirements and continued, uninterrupted access to essential services for students.
SAMU provides necessary equipment to accommodate effectively working both at home, and in the SAMU building.
Please address your application to Marcel Seveny, Student Groups Manager. Please attach both your resume and cover letter in the application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.