Job Category | Part-Time
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC) and Alberta College Campus (ACC)
Posting expires on March 23, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is a student-centered organization governed by students, for students! In short, that means every MacEwan student is considered part of the Students’ Association.
SAMU has two openings for part-time Summer Programs and Services Assistants. The positions play a vital role on the Programs and Services team under the Director of Programs and Services and will be working at the SAMU Offices at the City Centre Campus and Alberta College Campus, as well as at the SAM Centre at the City Centre Campus.
The ideal applicant will have past experience with SAMU and requires a cordial manner, excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Knowledge and experience performing a variety of clerical, and administrative duties is an asset.
Applicants will be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, and Excel. Excellent oral and written communication skills are also requirements of this position. Employees are expected to arrive on time, give as much notice as possible if absent/late, and follow policies and procedures, as SAMU maintains structured hours Monday to Friday.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Being the first point of contact for SAMU.
- Receiving and directing student’s inquiries.
- Performing POS (Point of Sale) transactions.
- Issuing U-Pass Stickers and typing U-Pass Excel sheets.
- Helping organize student and community events.
- Supporting planning activities for SAMU events, programs, and services in the upcoming academic year.
- Posting internal and external posters on SAMU boards.
- Answering the phone and transferring calls.
- Receiving Club deposits.
- Assist with Booking tables and collecting information for booking contracts.
- Maintaining a clean and professional workspace – including Storage room.
- Writing down requests and messages for SAMU staff.
- Assisting other SAMU staff with other duties upon request.
Successful applicants will need a flexible schedule that can accommodate up to 30 hours per week between Monday and Friday. The position starts on May 1, 2018 and runs for 16 weeks and offers $15.50 an hour in compensation.
Please include “Summer Programs and Services Assistant” in the email subject line and address your cover letter and resume to:
Duncan Wojtaszek, Director of Advocacy and Governance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University thanks all applicants for their interest in employment, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.