Job Category | Contract, with possibility of extension (up to 30 hours/week, July 4, 2017 – April 27, 2018)
Wage | $16.50/hr
Location of Work | City Centre Campus
Posting expires May 1
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator who will report to the SAMU Programs Manager. This position is responsible for the daily operations and facilitation of the SAMU Volunteer Program. While based at the City Centre Campus, this position requires travel between the two MacEwan University campuses, and will work with all SAMU staff to facilitate the success of the program.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible for recruiting, processing, screening, and scheduling student volunteers
- Working with SAMU staff and assistants to facilitate volunteer needs
- Serve as the liaison between student volunteers and SAMU staff
- Deliver a positive experience to all SAMU volunteers by being highly responsive and approachable
- Control appropriate placement of student volunteers, creating schedules and communication processes for events
- Mandatory attendance at major SAMU events (Fall Fest, 2nd week of September, and Winterfest, end of January) as on-site contact for volunteers
- Planning volunteer events (ex. Meet n Greets), and assisting with the facilitation of the Volunteer Incentive Program
- Assist with creating resources for feedback and data collection of the program
- Support and facilitate marketing and communication strategies for the program (ex. volunteer mail-outs, surveys, etc.)
- Other duties as allocated by the SAMU Programs Manager
Requirements and Qualifications
- General knowledge of SAMU programs and services is considered an asset
- Excellent communication (written and oral), strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, enthusiastic and high energy
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized and posses great attention to detail
- Able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and anticipate and address potential conflicts
- Knowledge of volunteer management or databases considered an asset
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel and Google Drive; knowledge of MailChimp and Volgistics would be an asset
- Preferably a recent MacEwan graduate or current student
Terms of Employment
30 hours/week, preferably between 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m. A minimum of 20 hours/week must be filled between 9am-3pm (Mon-Fri). Some weekend and evening work may be required. Employment will begin July 4, 2017, and will continue until April 27, 2018, with the possibility of extension.
Please apply by emailing your cover letter, resume, and (if applicable) school schedule to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.