Being a student is costly. The Pantry is a confidential service that students can access once every two weeks to receive a hamper with approximately 10 to 12 days’ worth of non-perishable food items. The Pantry hampers can accommodate a variety of dietary needs.
The Pantry is available to all full-time and part-time MacEwan University students.
Hamper Pick-Ups are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Currently Pick-up dates are only on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
With the SAMU building reopened, pickups are located within the Student Lounge (SA-216) (pictured below). This is on the second floor of the SAMU building between building 8 and 9. There will continue to be NO CONTACT (less than 6 feet) between the Pantry staff and students picking up hampers. Students are recommended to be wearing a mask when picking up hampers.
Please always follow the instructions from the Pantry representative (through text) while picking up to ensure that social distancing and safety precautions are followed.
How it Works:
- Follow the link below to the Pantry Website
- If you are new to the Pantry Website click the learn about to learn about the 4 steps to request a hamper
- Step 1 – Before
- Step 2 – Form Submission
- Step 3 – Fill Your Hamper
- Step 4 – Book Your Pick Up Appointment
- You will receive 2 confirmation emails for your request. One for your order and one for your appointment. To book your appointment you need to have your appointment number.
- The confirmation information is subject to change, please read each of your confirmation emails in case there are changes to our procedures.
You will receive a reminder email and text message about your pickup appointment. Phone carriers’ standard text messaging rates apply for text messages but you can choose to opt-out of text messages by replying STOP.
Some additional notes:
- Please be on time for your appointment.
- Pick-up appointments during the spring/summer term are only available on Wednesdays between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. and Thursdays between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Hampers are available once every two weeks. You will not be able to complete the steps if your previous appointment was less than 9 days ago.
- Masks are recommended to get your food. If you are wearing a mask please have it over your nose, chin, and mouth.
Want to donate?
Drop off your non-perishable food donations in the Pantry bins around campus or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for other types of donations.
If you want to sign up to volunteer for The Pantry, you can learn more on our volunteer page or contact the Food Support Assistant for more information:
Office: SA-223, City Centre Campus