Being a student is costly. The Pantry is a confidential service that students can access to receive a hamper with approximately 10 days worth of non-perishable food items. The Pantry hampers can accommodate a variety of dietary needs.
The Pantry is available to all full- and part-time MacEwan University students.
How it Works:
- Book a pick up appointment with The Pantry by clicking the button below.
- You will receive a confirmation email for your appointment and a link to choose your hamper food selections (this must be completed in order to pick up your hamper).
- Visit the SAMU Students’ Lounge (SA-216) at your scheduled appointment, where a Food Support volunteer will have your hamper ready to go for pick up.
You will receive a reminder email and text message about your upcoming appointment. Phone carriers’ standard text messaging rates apply for text messages but you can choose to opt out of text messages by replying STOP.
Some additional notes:
- Masks are mandatory to get your food. If you are not wearing your mask, we are unable to provide your food.
- Help us minimize waste by bringing your own reusable bag or box.
- Please be advised that masks are required within the SAMU building.
- Please be on time for your appointment.
- Hamper pick ups are in the SAMU Students’ Lounge (SA-216)
- Pick-up appointments are only available on Thursday and Friday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Want to donate?
Drop off your donations in the Pantry bins around campus or at any SAMU office. We accept monetary donations in-office as well.
If you want to sign up to volunteer for The Pantry, you can learn more on our volunteer page or contact the Food Support Assistant for more information:
Office: SA-223, City Centre Campus
view next student service