SAMU Building Features
With the opening of the SAMU building, students can look forward to a ton of new study space, meeting rooms and more, including:
- There is an ATM located in the RBC space and the best part… there’s no fee to use it (although your bank may charge you a separate fee for the transaction!)
- We now have the Support Hub where students can check in or get more information about The Pantry and Peer Support. This space also includes a full resource section.
- Peer Support has two client rooms available
- Student Groups now has its own reception desk for all student groups to access on the second floor.
- There are eight new industrial microwaves available in the Students’ Lounge (SA-216)
- We now have more than 25 televisions across the building with 10 dedicated to SAMU programs, services and events as well as external advertisements.
- Students can book one of five meeting rooms on the second floor in the Student Groups area including a new multimedia room!
- There is a designated quiet study space available to all students on the main floor of the building in SA-112.
- The SAMU building will feature five new vendors, including Chachi’s, Opa, Edo Japan, Deville Coffee and RBC.
- We have two ablution stations/ gender neutral washrooms available on the second floor by the Support Hub.
- Students can utilize our Safe Walk service through a second location at SA-216A.
- Our two-storey event space will be available for bookings and features an impressive AV package. This space will act as a study or meeting space if there are no bookings.
- The SAMU building is LEED® Silver Certified.