What is the Executive Committee?
The Executive Committee consists of five student executives who work to help SAMU achieve its goals, ensure the success of the organization’s projects and advocate on behalf of MacEwan Students. They develop and implement their own initiatives, which are inspired by you and aimed at making changes both on, and off, campus. Executives are elected in the winter semester of each year and work full-time with SAMU for the duration of their terms. Each member of the Executive must advise the Executive Committee and Students’ Council on their particular portfolio.
The results are in!
Congratulations to the New SAMU Executive Committee:
Executive Committee Positions
- Supports the direction, initiatives and advocacy efforts the Executive Committee.
- The official spokesperson of SAMU.
- A member of MacEwan’s Board of Governors.
Vice President Academic:
- The contact for academic relations of SAMU.
- Academic Governance Council member.
- Academic liaison to department chairs, deans and the Provost.
- Assists students who are pursuing academic grievances and appeals.
Vice President External:
- Responsible for developing SAMU’s external advocacy priorities.
- Engages with relevant external stakeholders.
- SAMU representative for all external advocacy organizations.
Vice President Operations and Finance:
- The direct contact for the internal affairs of SAMU.
- Manages SAMU Building operations, financial planning, governance and administration.
- Reports SAMU finances and internal operations to Students’ Council.
Vice President Student Life:
- The student representative for the programs, services, clubs and events of SAMU.
- Coordinates SAMU’s involvement in MacEwan’s non-academic affairs.
- Coordinates with MacEwan about student services and campus activities.
Board of Governors Position: eligible to vote on all issues within the Board, and as is the case with any individual member, are expected to use discretion in cases of conflict of interest, whether real, potential or perceived. This is a year-long position.