Want to get involved with MacEwan, make a difference on campus and have a say in your university experience? Then you should consider sitting on a university or SAMU committee! It’s a fantastic experience with a ton of amazing benefits. As a committee member, you will:
– Meet some pretty interesting people and make really amazing connections.
– Network with super important people, like faculty and university administrators!
– Face difficult challenges – which doesn’t sound fun, but it’s great for developing new skills and growing your confidence!
– Learn to become a leader and refine your communications skills.
– Outshine your future competition by strengthening that resume!
– Most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real and lasting impact on your university, its reputation and the academic decisions that are made here.
– Throughout the academic year, dozens of opportunities open up for students to sit on committees and help guide our institution and our students’ association, making lives a little easier for students.
Academic Governance Council
– Academic Planning & Priorities Committee
– Committee on Admissions and Transfers
– Research Ethics Board Committee
– Student Services Committee
– Research Council
– Faculty of Arts and Science Council
– Faculty of Fine Arts and Communications Council
– Faculty of Health and Community Studies Council
– Faculty of Nursing Council
– School of Business Council
– Information and Technology Management Committee
– MacEwan Committee on Internationalization
– MUSe Editorial Board
– Student Services Joint Operations Committee
If university committees are more your style, go to the MacEwan University website, where you’ll find all sorts of information on Faculty/School Councils, Academic Governance Council, and AGC Committees.
Complete the Student Membership Application form for University Committees.
U-SOLVE Committee Call for Members
Make a contribution to the University’s sexual violence prevention and education program in the upcoming academic year by becoming a member of U-SOLVE (University Students Offering Leadership for Violence Elimination).
Deadline: March 15
Committee Volunteer Opportunities
Looking for a way to get involved? Sitting on a SAMU committee is a fantastic experience with lots of benefits. You’ll meet interesting people, have the chance to work with faculty and university administration, and gain tons of experience for your resume. Plus, you’ll make a lasting impression at MacEwan University and the Students’ Association.
Throughout the academic year dozens of opportunities open up for students to sit on committees and help guide our institution and the Students’ Association to make students’ lives a little easier.
Here are a couple SAMU committees that are looking for student members now:
External Advocacy Ad Hoc Sub-Committee
The External Advocacy Ad Hoc Sub-Committee identifies and discusses advocacy issues facing MacEwan University students and evaluates the effectiveness of SAMU advocacy actions. External Advocacy Ad Hoc Sub-Committee advises Executive Committee regarding decisions related to external advocacy.
Governance Remuneration Advisory Committee
The Governance Remuneration Advisory Committee performs annual reviews of the remuneration and compensation provided to Councillors, Executives and other committee members performing governance roles at SAMU.
Health and Dental Sub-Committee
The Health and Dental sub-committee monitors and evaluates the Health and Dental program, provides a forum for Health and Dental contract renewals, and advises the Executive Committee regarding decisions related to the Health and Dental program.
Student Refugee Program Ad Hoc Sub-Committee
Student Refugee Program Ad Hoc Sub-committee monitors and evaluates the Student Refugee Program administered by SAMU, coordinates with the World University Services Canada (WUSC), and advises Executive Committee regarding decisions related to the Student Refugee Program.
Interested? Apply now.