More than ever students are concerned about their financial circumstances, so every loonie counts. SAMU is pleased to provide you with a list of special discounts available to students.
We’ll update the list as we discover more discounts and if you are aware of any additional discounts not on this list, send us an email and let us know about it.
Please note that any of these offers could expire without notice. If you run into an expired deal, please let us know.
CARDS AND ACCOUNTS
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC) – a card available to purchase that gives international students access to a wide variety of discounts.
- RBC offers a free student account and $100 for signing up. Bonus: there is an RBC Student Centre and ATM in the SAMU building.
- SPC card saves students money on clothes, food, travel, entertainment and more. For $11.99 per year, you could save hundreds! SPC has an app so you don’t need to carry around a book. Memberships are valid from August 1 – July 31 each year.
- Student Beans – Students can sign up for a free account with their MacEwan email address. Discounts on a variety of retail categories including clothing and technology. App is available too.
- Unidays card is free to sign-up for and gives you access to the best discounts for online and in-store purchases.
- Bulk barn – offers 15% off every Wednesday with a valid student ID.
- Canadian Brewhouse (located across from MacEwan) gives 15% off your receipt with a valid MacEwan student ID.
- Denny’s (located across from MacEwan) gives 10% off your receipt with a valid student ID.
- Cyclebar St. Albert & Windermere – 25% off 4/8/ unlimited ride, month to month memberships, with discount code MACEWAN. Bring your student ID on your first visit.
- City of Edmonton’s Corporate Wellness – provides Students and their immediate family members living in the same household with discounts on admissions to City of Edmonton recreation centres.
- Multi Admission Pass – 15% discount on our already discounted multi admission pass (5+ visits)
- Continuous Monthly Membership – 20% discount off an ongoing monthly membership using our convenient Pre-Authorized Debit Program
- Annual Membership – 20% discount on Annual Memberships
Present your MacEwan ID card at any of the City of Edmonton’s recreation facilities to purchase your discounted pass.
- Inukshuk Bushido Kai – $30 off monthly memberships and $15 off 10-Class Punch Passes to post-secondary students with valid MacEwan student ID.
MacEwan Student Mondays: 60 min massage for the price of a 30 min massage. $67 valued at $107 (including GST). Direct billing available. Book online at theuze.com!
- Bath & Body Works – 10% off your purchase in-store with a valid SPC card.
- Edmonton Public Library – Free access to movie streaming and many more online resources.
- High Fidelity – High Fidelity is offering students 5% off their well-curated range of Air Jordan shoes, Yeezy shoes and plenty more top streetwear brands. Students can access the discount here: https://highfidelity.us/pages/exclusive-discounts
- Glass Bookshop – 15% off online and in-store purchases.
- LeatherNeo – LeatherNeo is offering MacEwan University students 10% off across their store. Enter CONCL21 at checkout.
- Mac Cosmetics – 15% off online purchases.
- New Balance – 15% off regular items, 5% off clearance items with an SPC card.
- Nike – 10% off after verifying student status with UNiDAYS.
- Oilers Tickets –$49 every Tuesday Edmonton Oilers game for current post-secondary students! Tickets are located in the 200 Level of Rogers Place and include one (1) 473mL Molson Canadian or Molson Ultra or one (1) 591mL fountain pop.
- Rexall Pharmacy – You can save up to 20% on regular priced Rexall’s exclusive everyday brands. Present your Rexall Savings card at time of purchase.
- Roots – 10% off at all Roots stores and roots.com with a valid SPC card.
- Neonific – We are offering students 15% off our range of unique neon signs, perfect for a dorm room, college share house/apartment or fraternity/sorority house. Use code: EDU15
TECHNOLOGY, SOFTWARE, AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Students and teachers can save over 60% on a monthly subscription.
- Amazon Prime Student – 6-month trial and 50% off Amazon Prime membership which includes: Prime Video, Twitch Prime, free 2-day shipping and more.
- Apple and Microsoft offer various student discounts and deals.
- Coursera is offering free online courses. Learn about topics such as de-mystifying mindfulness, psychological first aid, game development, and more.
- Honey – An extension for Chrome that automatically adds discount codes available when shopping online.
- Intuit TurboTax and GenuTax offer a free version for filing basic tax returns (not just for students).
- Microsoft Office 365 – Free for students.
- MacEwan Student Portal – Various free software including anti-virus software and Read & Write Gold. (myportal –> menu –> support –> tech support –> software).
- Spotify Premium Student – music streaming with 1-month free and then $5.99 per month.