Poll Clerks are required to assist the Returning Officer on voting days by engaging students at
various locations around campus. Poll clerks should be available to work mornings and/or afternoons on October 11 and 12, 2023.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 27, 2023 @ noon
Full or Part-time: Part-time
Temporary or Permanent: Temporary
- Work part-time during voting days
- Promote elections and benefits of voting and governance
- Facilitate voting, if required.
Applicants must be current MacEwan University students and must be able to communicate fluently
in English. Poll Clerks will be required to attend a one half-hour paid training session on Friday, March 10, 2023 from either 1:00-1:30 p.m., 1:30-2:00 p.m., 2:00-2:30 p.m., 2:30-3:00 p.m., OR 3:00-3:30 p.m.
How to Apply:
Please submit a completed application to room SA-301 or to email@example.com. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
If you have any questions about election job opportunities, please contact:
Alan Honey – Returning Officer
Students’ Association of MacEwan University
SA-301, City Centre Campus
Job Category | Part-time, 15-20 hours/week – contract Oct 10th, 2023 – Aug 31, 2024
Wage | $17.00 an hour
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting closes Thursday, Sept 28, 2023, at 4:00 p.m. (MST)
The Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) is a non-profit organization working independently from MacEwan University to support students. Our purpose is to enrich the student experience by focusing on their non-academic needs through an array of student-driven programs and services.
All students benefit from a vibrant student life and culture of empowerment.
SAMU builds a positive student experience by creating a place to engage and connect, being a champion for all students, and providing opportunities that allow them to get the most out of their educational journey.
The Bookkeeper will report to the Senior Finance Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day, full-cycle bookkeeping of the Association while maintaining compliance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP). They will assist with all aspects of financial record-keeping and operations.
Summary of Responsibilities
Full Cycle Accounting
- Reconcile operating bank account monthly
- Record monthly bank deposits
- Prepare cheques for vendors, suppliers, and employee expenses for signing and distribution
- Create invoices
- Reconcile employee credit card summaries monthly
- Post journal/adjusting entries
- Assist with annual audit and other reporting requirements
- Respond to inquiries and requests
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Other duties as required
- Employee account setup and maintenance in SAGE 50
- Process payroll for full-time and part-time staff in an accurate and timely manner
- Submit payroll remittances on time
- Assist in preparing T4’s
Maintain employee benefit information
- Add new employees to the plan
- Delete terminated employees
- Process changes to employees’ plans (addition or deletion of dependents, etc.)
- Provide answers to employee questions/concerns regarding their health and dental plan
Education and Experience
- Current MacEwan University accounting student who has completed ACCT 311 or ACCT 101/201
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to established plans, policies, and procedures
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and adapt to change and work under high-paced and stressful environments
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
The following certification will be considered an asset:
- Proficiency in SAGE 50 is an asset
Terms of Employment
Up to 15-20 hours a week between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m, Monday through Friday. Will work around the student’s schedules.
Please apply online and address your cover letter and resume to Cam Whiting, Senior Finance Manager. Please attach both your resume and cover letter with the application
Application Package must include:
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Fall 2023 class schedule & tentative Winter 2024 class schedule
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.